POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Radiosity and Animation : Radiosity and Animation Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:12:34 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity and Animation
From: TinCanMan
Date: 19 Jun 2002 11:46:05
Message: <3d10a73d@news.povray.org>
I was trying out the technique of saving the rad data and loading them for
use in an animation.
To save the rad data I used a 270degree fisheye camera located between the 4
spheres and looking down and rendered at 500x500 with these settings:

    radiosity{
      pretrace_start 0.08
      pretrace_end   0.01
      count 1200
      nearest_count 20
      error_bound 0.5
      recursion_limit 3
      low_error_factor .5
      minimum_reuse 0.0001
      brightness 1.5
      adc_bailout 0.00001
    }

for the animation, I relocated the camera and rendered each frame at 160x120
(I wanted quick results)
The initial settings took about an hour to render and the resulting
animation of 72 frames took about an hour as well. (BTW the original images
look tons smoother than the animation)

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: